I have dry skin prone to eczema and have always gravitated toward oil. Even if you have oily or combination skin don’t think you can’t use it. Stripping oily skin will make it produce more oil so use it at night time in your routine.
Oil isn’t just for nourishing the skin it has many other uses.
- Use it under your eyes lightly before concealer and set with loose powder (or bake) and you’ll have crease free under eyes.
- Put it on the ends of your dry hair and sleep with it, double wash in the morning and your hair will feel soft & nourished.
- Mix with your body moisturiser on your décolletage, upper arms and it will stop ageing and protect your skin.
- After lunch use a beauty blender sponge and dab into your foundation to add longevity for those long days in the office, and to look on point in meetings.
- Mix into your foundation to give your foundation a flawless look.
- Always use in the evening as part of your night time skincare routine, skin repairs whilst sleeping so the oil will repair your skin and you will awake looking rested and fresh; invest in a silk pillowcase if you can’t sleep on your back to stop those sleep wrinkles that don’t disappear after 30 and become permanent. Booooo!
I’ve used and loved Holland & Barrett dr organic Rose Otto oil, which uses the first press (the best quality) along with propriety blends of bio active organic Argan oil, Jojoba oil, passion seed oil and Calendula oil. Winning Beauty Insiders Choice in 2011 over some very high end heavy hitters.
Another favourite is Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment oil. Rebalancing your dehydrated skin Orchid Oil, a potent plant blend that restores the lost radiance of a moisture-depleted complexion.
Dehydrated skin can often feel rough and unsupple; this timeless formulation helps to prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines with antioxidant-rich Hazelnut Oil, Rosewood, Patchouli and Blue Orchid. The epidermis is toned and revived, and the skin appears more resilient.
Holland & Barrett rose Otto oil, currently have a buy one get one half price, so stock up! Price £12:99
Clarins Blue Orchid Face treatment oil available at Debenhams, if you are close to Rushmere Craigavon mention Lurganista and the Clarins associates will give you a sample if you buy the Blue orchid. Price £33:00
There you have it, oil isn’t just for underneath moisturiser it has many uses! Let me know how you get on with it Luuganista Lovelies 💕